Messages of Love 1969 / 1970 - dedicated to Alec Gaunt

This is a forum to share what projects you are working on, or may work on. The idea is to avoid duplication of effort, as its easy for a lot of wasted effort to occur.

Messages of Love 1969 / 1970 - dedicated to Alec Gaunt

Postby jeanne » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:52 pm

On our recent road trip through Washington, Oregon and California, Al and I continued working on a project first undertaken by Helge Mercker when she came to visit us in Gibsons in 2013. When the founder of the Divine Love movement in western Canada --Alect Gaunt -- passed away in 1970, Al and I inherited a large cardboard box of messages that had been received in a Divine Love circle that Alec facilitated during the last 2 years of his life. Using the most up to date technology of the day, messages received through half a dozen (anonymous) mediums were recorded on an old reel to reel tape recorder, then typed on legal size paper and copied using an old, hand cranked gestetener machine! (Anyone here as old as me who remembers using a gestetener?!)

When Helge was here Al hauled out the old box of fading, crumpled up messages and Helge being Helge immediately recognized the phenomenal treasure chest which was laid before her! Putting her shoulder to the wheel, in typical Helge style, she spent the next 2 years re-typing the messages from an amazing parade of Celestial angels (including Augustine, Gandhi, Einstein, disciples of the Bible, Joan of Arc, scientists, musicians and modern day entertainers and Presidents) so that electronic copies of these incredible teachings can now be shared with the world!

Darlene Gaunt, Alec's daughter in law, is currently working with Al and I editing and formatting this prized collection in preparation for publishing. Alec's main purpose for this Divine Love group which was active about 50 years ago, was to work with Celestial angels to develop "Direct Voice" - a very special gift of Mediumship, in which the angels can manifest and speak directly to mortals without having to channel their messages through the brain and voice box of a medium. With Direct Voice, if developed with sufficient Divine Love by those sitting in circle, there is the possibility that Jesus and Celestials can manifest so that everyone present can see and hear the spirits for themselves.

Also contained in the l969 / 70 collection, are a few messages from spirits from a more highly evolved planet than our planet earth. Where these spirits live, they say they love strangers more than we love our own children on earth; that there is no need for prisons, hospitals and the kind of schools we have here! This collection is indeed extremely valuable and inspiring. Those of us praying for Divine Love in this part of the world are excited to share this magnificent collection with the world and at long last, pay special tribute to Alec Gaunt for his legacy.

All going well, we expect to complete this treasured collection for posting on our website before the end of this summer! It was Alec Gaunt who developed what Geoff affectionately calls "The Gibsons Method"....which until today, remains the basis of our prayer practice and prayer culture that continues to thrive here on the west coast of Canada. Indeed, our calling is to share our prayer practice and to create similar "Circles of Light" that began with Alec Gaunt to other parts of the world! God Bless us all, and all those who have gone before us, opening The Way to the Truth and the Light which we enjoy today! Love Jeanne
Stay centered in Divine Love and expect miracles to happen!
jeanne
Site Admin

Re: Messages of Love 1969 / 1970 - dedicated to Alec Gaunt

Postby arie2012 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:34 am

That's so exciting! I'm sure these messages are an enormous treasure of inspiration and information still be actual for today.

How far did Alec actually get with his aim of establishing Direct Voice? Did it ever happen?

I still wonder what happened after these exciting times in Canada 40, 50 years ago with all those different groups and mediums, how it could be that so much fell apart after Alec's death..

But thank God we still have you folks in BC! And publishing Alec's legacy surely is a wonderful thing to do and might indeed set new fires to our movement :) .

Love
Arie
arie2012
Family

Postby AlFike » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:03 am

Thanks for asking about this Arie. I believe that Alec was carrying a tremendous load. He was ambitious and aggressively sought to advance the knowledge of Divine Love in the world. Because of his unceasing efforts, the Divine love movement in Vancouver grew quite quickly but it was centered around Alec's energy and leadership. The impression I get is that no one else was anywhere close to his spiritual or soul development. He was The Guy of his day and despite his health problems he soldiered on. He even died of heart failure and was brought back by the Angels but told that they could only do this once. They admonished him to slow down but he was on fire with what was happening. He had Divine Love groups happening every day of the week plus he had some business ventures happening too. Well he died because he did not heed the warnings that he was getting and things fell apart because there was no one to take his place. These groups collapsed as quickly as they were formed. Yet God brought together our West Van group centered around our beloved Barb and her grounded understanding of how to maintain our pursuit for the highest and for God's Love. This little group of 7 is still intact but again things are expanding and moving forward. This time its not centered around one person but is more of a collective or family. We support one another in our soul growth and development. That makes for a more stable structure and IMHO a much better one. No one is the leader and all are called upon to pull their weight and to contribute their soul gifts and power.

Unfortunately the Direct Voice group did not achieve their objective. According to Bert and his wife Shirley, who are the only living participants that I know of, they were close but no cigar. The group wasn't that well established before Alec's death and I think that many lacked a great deal of soul development. They all had the desire but not the power that having a lot of Divine Love would bring to it. Maybe some day we can indeed push this gift forward when we have the chops to do so. Time will tell and I know that Alec is by our side on this one as he has been all along. Much love.......Al
Endless journey,endless Love.
AlFike
Site Admin

Postby arie2012 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:38 am

AlFike wrote:This time its not centered around one person but is more of a collective or family. We support one another in our soul growth and development. That makes for a more stable structure and IMHO a much better one.

Yes, I think too that that is much better. But it keeps me wondering what would happen if you, the medium, would not be there anymore (no worries, I know now that you are taking that little warning seriously!). I sometimes feel that there is sort of an addiction to live-channelings over there in BC ;) and if that central point of the prayer-circles wouldn't exist anymore the group would be put to the test in a way..

AlFike wrote:We're hoping that in the near future that we can indeed push this gift forward and I think that we have the chops to do so.

I can imagine this to happen and of course that would be thrilling. But regardless of that the emphasis should stay on prayer, I'm sure you agree upon that.

We in our "Frankfurt" (now rather "Laufach"-)group have practically always been functioning without a medium (except for a few visits by Werner), although the Angels and more specifically my Celestial Guide seem to be gently pushing me towards developing such skills :shock:. I still don't know if I want to go there, but it almost happened a couple of times now and I just "kept my mouth shut" because of lack of courage.. :o

Anyway, let's see what happens. But I really think we should concentrate on prayer and soul-awareness, privately and in group-sessions. There is so much benefit from that alone. Of course it's wonderful to have an angel present in such an almost tangible way during a live-channeling, but I sometimes feel it's almost like being "spoilt" and distracted.. (o boy, I'm probably stirring the soup too heavily now!). We have gathered such an enormous amount of Divine Knowledge and Truths over the past 100 years that it's about time to start living that Love and not spending too much words and thoughts on it. We know so much! Of course I don't have a clue how much Truth God still wants to have revealed to us in our times, but I often feel we have all the material and knowledge that is needed to become that Celestial Angel even here during our earthly life, if only we are dedicated enough about it. Well, not that I imagine that I will ever get that far. But thank God there is time in all eternity :D .

Love
Arie
arie2012
Family

Postby AlFike » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:14 pm

Yes, you're right Arie in assuming that we are spoiled with communication. My own theory is that these missives are generally meant for others who are in need of support and education. Those of us who are well educated in DL really do not need these teachings on a regular basis and as you say it is more the challenge of living the love rather than hearing about it. Receiving contemporary messages does open the door to those who are curious or beginning on this path. I know that in the beginning I couldn't get enough of the Padgett materials plus our weekly prayer sessions were often accompanied by a message. Its our culture and our blessing. You suggest that this might be a weakness or dependency. If it is indeed an addiction then I would say yes. When Jeanne and I sit in prayer for an hour each morning we rarely receive a message from the angels. We sit and bask in the light and blessings which come. Now that is most definitely an addiction. One that I will never give up. Do we come to expect a message in those prayer times? Not in my mind. Although this expectation is often present in group prayers and that has been a flaw that we have addressed on numerous occasions over the years.

My own opinion is that if these things were not needed then they wouldn't manifest. I give over control to God's Will and the Angels so if that is how they want to use this time together then so be it. Of course there is an element of desire involved so we do play our part in it. If I didn't desire to be used in this way then it couldn't happen. My prayer has always been at the beginning of a group DL prayer that if the Angels want to use me as a channel then I am willing. It is a partnership after all. Now, sometimes something comes through that is really good. It addresses the issues of those who are in the prayer circle and often those outside too. Its a teaching message. These messages do not bring much that is new to the table but they do reinforce the truth and encourage us to think of how we are to implement it. This surely is not wasted time since IMHO any time spent on considering spiritual matters is not wasted. The real challenge is to go out into the world and practice what is being said. Some, like yourself, find enough encouragement in your readings and prayers while others need more overt support. When an Angel is present in such a powerful way, they bring such a condition of Love that the room is swimming in it. That too is part of the addiction and I'm often disappointed if that heavenly condition is not present during a prayer. There again is an expectation which motivates us to come together in prayer. I've been to prayer circles which do not include channeled messages and sometimes our own do not bear this fruit. It is a lovely experience but one that is easily obtained at home alone. Although the objective always is receiving God's Love into our souls, the icing on the cake for many is this bonus of hearing the Angels speak to us. It may not suit everybody and that is merely a reflection of the diversity in this world . But for those who cherish this experience and believe that it enhances group prayer, this gift is a sought after and valued experience. And when we send these messages out on our weekly mailchimp, the feedback that we get is often very positive and suggests that it added something to the readers consciousness and they were positively affected.

Are Celestial messages necessary in order to have a successful group prayer for Divine Love? One cannot argue that they are. Your own group, Arie, demonstrates that they are unnecessary. Is there a danger that mediumship becomes a focus in the prayer setting? It is a fact that people develop expectations when this is a possibility. Our job is to remind those present that the primary focus is in receiving the Love. Messages are a bonus but not the primary goal. Can a Divine Love circle or circle of light be sustained without having some mechanism that reinforces the teachings of Divine Love? I wonder, people often need a carrot in front of them in order to be motivated. Discussion of some kind is important IMHO. We are social beings so some form of discourse is necessary. Is there a big difference between a reading from Padgett and a contemporary message through a DL medium? I would say not on content but the delivery is certainly different. The presence of the Angel, as I have already suggested, makes a big difference. Otherwise, it most likely becomes an intellectual exercise rather than a soul uplifting experience. Its all about the feeling in my estimation. That feeling can be generated with prayer alone but the presence of an angel speaking to a group adds a certain something that is rarely duplicated in a non channeled prayer session. Now I may be stirring the pot here :? .

Its interesting how this issue continues to circulate amongst our community. I'm not sure if we are trying to find the right formula that needs to be duplicated in every group or there is confusion regarding this issue. Since we're all individuals spread all over the globe, we will reflect whatever cultural and unique experiential markers that we have developed in our lives. So our approaches in prayer WILL be unique. Our goal must be to be inclusive and respectful of others. We are a community but not one which insists on conformity. We, to our credit, embrace differences with love. Acceptance comes with understanding and a desire to see others as different but equal. Our common experience is the blessing of knowing God's Love is real and within us. The rest is just window dressing and the more we obsess over the colour and textures of that adornment, the more we miss the point of our commonality of being God's children. I have been lucky enough to have travelled the globe and have seen much of the diversity of this planet. I've learned from my travels that humanity is a highly diverse and imaginative lot. So I expect differences more than I expect similarities. The differences are what make life interesting. Sometimes they are challenging but hey, God has given us the gift of free will. We can choose to accept or not. So each Divine Love group will choose their way in accordance to certain factors. My goal is to take this path in accordance to those bearings and truths which I see as being correct. Whether someone else agrees with me is irrelevant to my personal progression. As a teacher I want to teach only the highest and best truths I am capable of. My ace up my sleeve is that I can rely on the Angels to bring these things forth much better than I alone. I see this as a tremendous blessing. Some may not share my perspective and that's absolutely fine. Different strokes, different folks. But I am being true to myself and in the end that is all that matters.

I apologize Arie if this is coming off as a defensive response to your somewhat innocent quire regarding mediumship. I've often had the same thoughts regarding this issue. Thank you though for opening that door so that I could examine myself where I'm at with this subject. Its an important issue for me as you can well imagine. Please do not think that I reacted in some defensive or negative way to your pot stirring. Its a great question and I hope that I answered it in a thorough way. I'm loving the discource my friend. Keep it coming. With love and respect......Al
AlFike
Site Admin

Postby arie2012 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:28 am

O boy, of course my little "pot stirring" inspired you to write this lengthy but highly appreciated response, haha! I saw it coming.. ;)

AlFike wrote:Discussion of some kind is important IMHO. We are social beings so some form of discourse is necessary. (...) The presence of the Angel, as I have already suggested, makes a big difference. Otherwise, it most likely becomes an intellectual exercise rather than a soul uplifting experience.

One doesn't exclude the other, I'd say. We have so far actually avoided discussions in our group, exactly for that reason. But we do talk and exchange! It's not that we just sit in silence and then drink tea while talking about daily life's superficialities. Of course the presence of an Angel makes a huge difference when he's being channeled at that very moment. But you know as well as I that Angels are always present when people sincerely pray for the Divine Love and we have actually experienced that very tangible presence of Celestials and their Love over and over again, even if they don't have a chance to actually speak through one of us ;) .

AlFike wrote:Its interesting how this issue continues to circulate amongst our community. I'm not sure if we are trying to find the right formula that needs to be duplicated in every group or there is confusion regarding this issue.

I don't think there is or should be a "right formula" for every group. Like you say yourself: differences are what make life interesting. But it's an important discussion given the fact that we actually have only one medium being active publically.

AlFike wrote:Please do not think that I reacted in some defensive or negative way to your pot stirring.

No worries, I don't! This subject obviously is very important to you (as it is to all of us, but especially you).

Pot stirring is a good thing, isn't it :lol: ? Although I must say that I don't often feel like doing it. But I think it's important to always be open for discussion, change, different views..if only to keep things alive. And every now and then it's good to excercise our mental faculties. If only we then hurry back to training our soul-awareness :)

Much Love and indeed respect to you, dear brother-in-heavenly-arms
Arie
arie2012
Family

Postby AlFike » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:09 am

Thanks Arie, yes I can't avoid a good discussion about mediumship and a good 'pot stirring' can serve to clear up many misunderstandings. Mediumship is a big part of my life and I believe it plays a substantial role in our prayer gatherings ( but not overly so ;) ). I certainly did not intend to suggest that there were no angels present in your prayer gathering but to emphasize that through a medium they are more easily felt and recognized. Just highlighting another advantage of having a medium present.

Arie, I think that you should consider allowing yourself to open up as a channel for the Angels. It would add another dimension to the group experience and give a great advantage to your European brothers and sisters to hear Angelic guidance in a language that they are familiar with. I appreciate that you do not take this issue lightly and that it comes with responsibilities. Reaching for the highest requires a personal discipline and practice which can't be ignored. It becomes a way of life and a somewhat central theme.

The advantages outweigh the negatives as your relationship with the angels will intensify and become more substantive in every way. You will also be used as an instrument and channel of Love in many different ways. This too can become a focus in your life as your awareness of angelic presence becomes more acute. I have found that they will advise and guide in nonintrusive and very helpful ways. And believe me, their advice is worth listening to. They do not intrude on every day matters but when it comes to things that are important, they convey a depth of perception that is gold if asked. Of course you don't have to be a medium for this help to come but in opening up these gifts, it comes more readily. The down side is that you become more emotionally sensitive ( and that could be a problem for you my friend...for me it was a necessary and appreciated result :P ), more sensitive to spirit influence and especially more sensitive to the conditions and spirits brought into a prayer circle. It will be in your face and that can take some getting used to. I think that your intuitive understanding that this can be emotionally challenging is what may be holding you back but from personal experience the protection and support of the Angels provides a great deal to ameliorate the intensity of the experience. Like anything, you get used to it in time.

Having the Angels close is a great gift. Allowing yourself to be used as a channel for them is an even greater gift IMHO. Yes, it comes with a price and it requires some effort to keep oneself in good spiritual condition but are we all not in this for personal soul growth and service? This is one of many ways in which we can serve and grow in the Love. It is worth your consideration my brother. I can be available to assist and mentor if need be. Its a great adventure as this door opens to a multitude of possibilities. Marion will be a great support to you as she is a wonderful and loving battery ( spiritual energy source) . Do it on your terms and timing and all will unfold as it should. Much love to you brother.........Al
AlFike
Site Admin

Postby arie2012 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:15 am

Thanks a lot for this, Al. I'm taking it all to heart and into prayer.
Lots to think and pray about, chew on.. Many things are happening right now, more "input" than ever and partly hard to handle with all the distractions and obligations of daily life :o

I'd love to get back to you on this, but rather in a personal message or better in a Skype-talk. I haven't managed to set a date with Jeanne yet. We're all so busy! But that'll come.

Time will tell and as long as we perceive our guidance well, all will be well ;)

Love
Arie
arie2012
Family

Postby AlFike » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:40 am

Thanks for responding Arie and yes, I think that this is best as a personal conversation. Sorry for getting a little too familiar on this public forum. I can delete my post if you wish. Much love.....Al
AlFike
Site Admin

Postby arie2012 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:47 am

No, leave it. That's alright. It's good to share such things here.
But I feel it's much too early to go into more exposure on this matter now☺.

Thanks, brother.

Love
Arie
arie2012
Family

Return to Divine Love Projects