Our Spirit Helpers and Guides - some questions

This forum is for all other topics

Re: Our Spirit Helpers and Guides - some questions

Postby Audley » Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:39 pm

Thank you Eva for posting your topic. I have just read the posts in reply. This is somewhat of a new world of understanding to me. I certainly will be digesting a lot that has been said and reflecting on my own experiences over the last number of years.

Helge, I appreciate you posting Excerpt of a message by Jesus on ‘The Spirit of Truth’ Wow

I have been prompted to post the following, i apologize Eva if it seems irrelevant to the topic

John 13:34 |
A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
John 15:9 |
As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.
Revelation 14:12 |
Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

love to all, Audley
Audley
Happy Camper

Postby Eva » Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:34 pm

Thank you for your comments, Audley. Like you, I too am learning from everyone's insightful comments and have to do some digesting -- which will keep me going for a while. What I am realizing more and more from the comments here, as well those I was led to (guidance at work again :) ) at another forum, is this: Each of us has a unique journey, unique experiences, and unique relationship with the Father and our spirit helpers in whatever way we understand them or are conscious of them. We also grow through mutual sharing and fellowship -- even if we may not be able to identify with someone else's experiences. So thank you everyone for your sharing.

Another quick thought on re-reading Audley's post: Even though his scripture verses at the end on the surface don't seem relevant to the topic, perhaps they are not only relevant but the crux of the whole matter -- loving one another with the Divine Love as Jesus loved his disciples and Faith that "will cause us to realize that we are truly [God's] children and one with [Him] in very substance and not in image only." (quoting from the Divine Love prayer).

Love, Eva
http://www.universal-spirituality.net
http://www.pathway-publishing.org/spirituality-2
Eva
Family

Postby DennisT » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:18 pm

Hello Eva and our other Divine Love friends,

What a wonderful thread; truly deep and profound and most beautifully written by all! I have not much to add. My limited time on this path has me stuck many times in this material world, and had I not had such a profound and meaningful experience with spirit to mortal communication (although not a divine love medium) I would say that I probably would not be here now. For it was proven to me beyond any doubt that this communication was a possibility, and it is happening around us every day. Then as I investigated this type of communication further and came upon the Padgett Messages, they so resonated with my soul that my life changed in an instant to a follower of this path.

There is a point by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle in a forward to another of Geoff's fine ebooks, and I am paraphrasing: Why would the Loving God of the Old Testament be so willing to send his angels to communicate with mortals for thousands of years only to become silent for the last 2000 years since the birth of the Master? It is not logical and also untrue as our Loving Father is the same now as he was before, and His angels are available to us who will develop their soul perceptions to listen for them.

I am fortunate that I expereienced this communication before I found out about Mr. Padgett, but I fully understand the struggles of those who still doubt the existence of this communication, especially my Catholic family and friends who were taught otherwise.

Love and hugs,
Dennis
DennisT
Family

Postby Eva » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:06 pm

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, Dennis. I didn't grow up as a Catholic or ever become one, but have had the opportunity for fairly close fellowship with a group of Catholic brethren over the last few years. From my understanding, they do pray to the various saints, and of course especially Mary, for help. Some have also "seen" their departed loved ones. So that to me would imply that they believe there is life beyond this life and the possibility of communication.
Anyway, just some thoughts.
Love, Eva
Eva
Family

Postby arie2012 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:21 pm

I think the greatest obstacles that traditional Catholics may be confronted with are based on the fact that their church has declared itself as being "in charge" of communcations with the Divine for centuries.. After all, following the teachings of the Roman Catholic church only an ordained priest is "authorised" to establish a connection with God through the sacrament of the eucharist for instance..

I still vividly remember a church service which I attended years ago when my children were only like 5 years old. It was a typical German Catholic annual Feast, called "Fronleichnam". Now don't ask me to translate that - not even the Catholics here have managed to explain to me what it's really about - but it has to do with a repeated "honouring" of the dead "transfigured" body of Jesus by way of a procession, taking place several weeks after Ascension. Anyway, during this ceremony the priest solemny declared that man can only connect with God through the ritual of the eucharist, exercised by him as an ordained priest. At that moment I only wanted to leave the church or even more stand up and protest. Which I didn't in order not to embarras my wife and children at that time..

Of course in the history of the Catholic church it all comes down to one big power-play: all these rituals and to my opinion also a large part of the glorification of so-called saints and even the worship of Mary have mainly and quite deliberately been planned by the church leaders to keep control over the people and keeping them quiet. A lot of this "saint-worship" is very often practiced as a sort of superstition, if you ask me..

But of course with all that in mind it is important to realise that one can never judge what is really taking place between an individual and God at any specific moment in time. I know that I have to be careful with that and leave people where they are!

Anyway: it's wonderful and maybe a privilege to be part of this magnificent spiritual family with all those gifted mediums to interact between the angels and ourselves. Even if that's not our main focus, it's great to be living in this time where the interactions between the heavens and our earthplanes are developing so rapidly!

Hugs,
Arie

P.S. Dennis, did you actually get my PM??
arie2012
Family

Postby Terry Adler » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:35 pm

My dear Friends,

Dennis, I do appreciate your paraphrase of the comment you found in one of Geoff's e-books. "Why would the Loving God of the Old Testament be so willing to send his angels to communicate with mortals for thousands of years only to become silent for the last 2000 years since the birth of the Master? It is not logical and also untrue as our Loving Father is the same now as he was before, and His angels are available to us who will develop their soul perceptions to listen for them." Thoroughout history, humans have demonstrated a variety of gifts and methods for inteacting with spirit, with mediumship being one. And as Eva points out, every religion has its own way of acknowledging the afterlife and the possibility of communication with those who have crossed over.

Arie, you make a hugely important point when you highlight the way the Catholic Church (and most other organized religions) prescribe ways of interacting with spirit and also claim that their ordained clergy (priest, minister, rabbi, etc) are the only sanctioned intermediaries through which we may approach our Creator. "I think the greatest obstacles that traditional Catholics may be confronted with are based on the fact that their church has declared itself as being "in charge" of communcations with the Divine for centuries. After all, following the teachings of the Roman Catholic church only an ordained priest is "authorised" to establish a connection with God through the sacrament of the eucharist for instance."

I totally agree that in the evolution of many organized religions (including my own, Judaism) authoritarianism has been used to exert power and control over the people. This, and the idea that to relate to our Creator we require a sanctioned intermediary are the central reasons why many of us left organized religions. At some level, we yearned for a personal, unmediated, direct relationship with our Creator.

While I value the guidance received through mediums I know on the Divine Path, I in no way abandon my personal responsibility to evaluate that guidance using my own soul perceptions. Further, I endeavor through seeking Divine Love, to grow my capacity for inner guidance. I believe deeply that as my relationship with our Creator develops, so does my soul knowing such that I have no need to be dependent on others' gifts, others' guidance, but can rely on my own.

Mediumship is problematic in so many ways, even (or maybe even especially) for the medium. My best friend has been a medium all her life. Her example has been hugely instructive to me. Only our prayer circle knew of her gift. She never, ever, used it to boost her ego, or manipulate others, or enhance her self-worth. She has always devoted her gift to the service of our Creator (ministering to the poor) in partnership with the Highest Guides and Teachers (those we call Angels).

Each medium is unique in how their mediumship works, in their soul development, in how they deal with the challenges of interacting with two worlds. We are blessed to know mediums in the Divine Love community who devote this gift to the service of our Creator and know their soul development is crucial to the integrity of the messages. The diversity amaongst mediums and the messages they channel address the diversity of needs amongst those who pray for Divine Love. It is all good!

Thanks for this great discussion!
Love,
Terry
Terry Adler
Family

Postby Eva » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:57 am

Thank you Arie and Terry for further insightful comments to this discussion. Again I sense balance and maturity in the comments.

The group of Catholic brethren I have had the opportunity to fellowship with here in Australia (where I believe the church has become far freer and more progressive than in Europe and the local priest was also quite progressive) also has harkened back to their younger years in the same way that Arie shared -- the oppressive control, fear of hell for the smallest infractions, etc. At the same time they marveled at the changes they have witnessed over the years in the spirit of Vatican II -- which of course not all the Catholic hiearchy embraced. The group was meeting weekly for Bible study and discussion with the priest's blessing but without his presence -- something unthinkable some years back. Some of them had a favorite saint or more to go to help for -- possibly a superstition, but who is to judge, as Arie wisely pointed out.

Terry, I liked your comments to the effect that no matter what messages are received through a medium, we are each ultimately responsible for our own decisions. The same applies to personal spirit guides, as others have pointed out -- they will show us things to consider, but not tell us what to do.

So thanks everyone again for sharing. I'll stop here as I am about to join Helge, Jeanne, Al and Geoff in Namibia, as well as some from Europe for an across the world prayer session. How incredible and amazing!

Love and blessings to all,
Eva
Eva
Family

Postby brother dave k. » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:09 pm

Eva, thank you for your questions and provoking a lively and informative discussion.

First of all i find it necessary to assert that it is my perception, from prayer and meditation afterwards, which puts us in rapport with our Celestial guides and it is my impression that the "Spirit of Truth" is indeed the Holy Spirit, or probably more correctly put that when the Holy Spirit brings the Divine Love or the very Essence and Spiritual Substance of the Divine Soul into our soul, that in the transformation from the natural human soul to the Divine human soul the souls perceptions are opened up to a much greater view, one might say, of the Truths of God, both Natural and Divine. i offer as supportive information for others prayer, meditation and contemplation on the nature of obtaining a knowledge of Truth, John's message on obtaining a Knowledge of Truth at http://divinelovedivinetruth.org/knowle ... vine_truth .

Next, from my experience, getting guidance from Celestial Spirits in any form of mediumship, impressions, trance, automatic writing always follows the Laws of Rapport and Communication, which are, to some degree, complex in the nature of the various conditions spoken to. They may be reviewed at http://divinelovedivinetruth.org/law_of ... nd_mortals . In any work of spiritualism or mediumship, it is, and has been the experience of many mediums that it is best to go to a "development" circle. The difficulty is, in finding a circle that is a high level of love and truth, and a substantial amount of experience. Although, Padgett and William Stainton Moses were both guided to not go to some circles, or seances, and were developed by the spirits themselves. In Padgett's case, by the Celestials, or those on the path of Divine Love in the spheres lower than Celestial. In Moses case, they were very highly developed natural love spirits in the sixth sphere.

Love and Blessings to you too Eva, and to all...
brother dave k.
brother dave k.
Family

Postby Eva » Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:26 am

Thank you Dave for your insightful comments further enriching this discussion. I like the way you have grouped on your website messages dealing with similar subjects -- that's helpful.
So thanks again.
Love, Eva
Eva
Family

Postby Eva » Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:19 am

Hello everyone,

Thank you again for all the helpful comments. I have now updated the original article and incorporated many of the thoughts that were shared in the discussion here, as well as additional insights. The new version is on my website at http://universal-spirituality.net/human ... ers-guides.

Love,
Eva
Eva
Family

PreviousNext

Return to General Topics